Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthday Surprise

Hi All
  It was my birthday on the 28th May, and the kids organised a lunch at a local club.  My son offered to drive us ( he lives with us) and we set out.
When we arrived DS said his sister was in the back room.
Well, she was, with a bunch of other friends, all gathered for a surprise celebration of my husband & my 25th wedding anniversary, which was on the 24th May.
What a surprise, we had no idea.  We have never made a huge fuss of our anniversary with the kids, celebrating it quietly ourselves.  The kids all wished us happy anniversary on the day, and while I thought that they may have acknowledged that it was a milestone, I wasn't upset as we never made it a big deal.
I never thought that they would book a room., invite heaps of friends and actually recreate our wedding cake, a three tier pavolva.
Needless to say I am proud of all of them, and we had such a good time.

I had allowed for lunch in WW programme, but the array of drinks and chocolates and pavolva totally blew that.

Back on the programme today, all is not lost.

Cheers
Elaine

1 comment:

Chris H said...

What a lovely thing for your kids to do for you.
Stew and I will have been married 25 years NEXT year... I'm thinking of re-doing our wedding vows.