Monday, July 19, 2010

New sewing machine

Well so much has happened in the last two weeks.

I have been busy with building business, new fittings to choose and the end of the financial year.

We run a building business and are currently building a house, which is for sale. This means when choosing tiles, paint colours, carpets etc, I can't chooose what I would like but what would appeal to most people. So hard.

I also bought a Janome Memorycraft 6600 sewing machine. It has a built in walking foot and a large throat. I really enjoy quilting on this machine. I have been free motion quilting on my sampler quilt and have only the borders and the hand quilting to go. It looks great from considering I am a beginner.

I also made a D9P table runner, I saw the pattern on a blog 'A little of this and a Little of Pat'.
I stipple quilted it, need much more practice, but it was alway a practice piece and is pride of place on my table, just because I finished it.

I will post pictures later and hope not to leave it so long between posts next time.

No comments: